Monday, August 9, 2010

Lessons Learned from BlogHer


On Friday, I had the pleasure of experiencing my very first BlogHer conference.

I am not very diligent about posting on this blog. I tend to write whenever I have time and just need a place to vent. I thought that most bloggers were in this category, but after listening to the panel speakers at BlogHer, I felt like a total underachiever. These women are not just writing for fun. They're making their blog their business. They are marketing themselves as a brand, and their opinions are generating a revenue stream. I don't how many of them have a regular job, but it sounds like many of them don't need 'day jobs' anymore...

Not sure how long this will last, but for now I'm inspired to write more often and pay more attention to this blog. Thanks for the inspiration BlogHer, and for the introduction to the Pillsbury Doughboy, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment